Poles and Accessories
Nordic Walking Poles & The Nordic Kiwi Philosophy
To get the most out of your Nordic Walking poles - whether you are using them for exercise to improve your health and fitness, for an event, recreation or hiking, we believe that you should learn the correct Nordic Walking technique before you invest in poles.
We import 'Exel' and 'Mountain to Sea' Nordic Walking poles into New Zealand. Exel is the original company that developed Nordic Walking in its modern form.
We suggest you contact one of our New Zealand qualified Instructors listed on the Instructor's page to help you make the right selection for you. The instructors will introduce you to Nordic Walking and assist you to purchase correctly sized poles or any of the other equipment listed below.
For further information, please contact: 0800 NORDIC (667342).
For Fitness - Focussed Walking (3-5+ times per week)
- These are Exel's most popular poles combining features suitable for recreational walkers through to marathon competitors.
- The Exel Nordic Walker Poles are the ideal poles for people who walk to improve their general health and fitness.
- Its carbon fibre composition aids in the shock absorption from pole strike. No other pole has a pronated handle which is ergonomically shaped to allow a natural grip. This is particularly important for people who have difficulties in gripping or have less than full use of their hands.
- Equipped with a CR strap for easy adjustment and designed to hold the hand closer to the handle which encourages the proper hand movement, this strap also maintains blood circulation.
- Nordic Walking specialists recommend fixed length poles. Replacement asphalt paws are readily available.
- "Sport" NOW ONLY AVAILABLE IN SIZES 125cm
- Colour - "Midnight Blue"
RRP - $190 GST incl.
Mountain to Sea (MtoS) "Sport"- For Fitness-Focussed Individuals
(Training 3 - 5+ times per week)
- The "Sport" Nordic Walking pole is perfectly suited for the athletically-minded who are focussed on fitness.
- The "Sport" pole has a high carbon content which significantly aids shock absorption. Also light in weight, an important factor to consider in reducing shoulder and neck strain.
- The "Sport" is fitted with the NW-CR handle and strap, which provides excellent support for the hand and wrist, ensuring blood supply to the hand is maintained. This strap, combined with the lightness of the pole, assists with applying the correct swing technique to maximise power and stride length.
- Fixed length poles are the first choice recommendation of Nordic Walking specialists. Replacement asphalt paws are readily available.
- "Sport" available in 105cm, 110cm, 115cm, 120cm & 125cm lengths. Colour: Inca Gold
$190 GST incl.
Mountain to Sea (MtoS) "Adjust" - Adjustable For Travellers
- We recommend that the best pole, for stability and power, is a one-piece pole.
- However, for people who are travelling and still want to be able to Nordic Walk, then the MtoS "Adjust" Nordic Walking is the solution.
- The poles are adjustable in length - therefore, one size fits all.
- Equipped with comfortable Nordic Walking straps, durable carbide metal tips for off-road use and removable natural rubber boot-shaped Nordic Walking fitness tips/asphalt paws for hard surfaces.
- Thermo-grip handle and strap for all around hand support and pole control (NB:current stock no longer has the cork insert on handle)
- These poles adjust in length from 61cm to125cm and fit into most smaller suitcases - (many twist-lock poles do not).
- Replacement asphalt paws are readily available.
- Colour: Combination cobalt blue/charcoal
- NB: Photo is representaive of current stock
$199 GST incl.
The Nordic Walking Asphalt Paw & Spike Tip
The lightweight and sleek Control Asphalt Paw is made from the same material as car tires for excellent grip. The Control Asphalt Paw provides maximum grip throughout all stages of the pole cadence and can be relied upon whatever the weather conditions. The paw effectively absorbs pole impact when walking on hard surfaces. It comes as a regular accessory with the Nordic Walking poles. The Asphalt Paw should be removed when used on soft surfaces, such as grass, dirt or sand, exposing the spike tip which works best on the softer surfaces.
Please keep in mind that the Paws gradually wear and should be replaced when there is very little surface material left. Replacement Paws can be obtained by contacting: sales@NordicKiwi.co.nz
Nordic Walker® Gloves
These breathable, specifically designed Nordic Walking gloves help to absorb perspiration, protect your hands from sunlight and keep your hands warm in winter without moisture build-up.
Sizes 6-11 (XS-XXL)